Saturday, February 04, 2006

New Mail Art for the Day


Self portrait mail art.

Wow, OK. This is aluminum foil (and if you notice under the bottom of the big 3 and the bomber, there is the outline of a star-it's a piece of star shaped cardboard underneath). I was not sure how I was going to get paint to stick to the foil, but I had an idea..I used the stencil I made a few weeks ago and spray paint. Then I used acrylics (three coats-you have to put it on almost with a dry brush technique or it beads up on the metal) with the bullseye/crosshair and the numbers. The bomber is a tinted photo cut out. I'm not even sure I'm going to mail it.

Who'd want a picture of me???

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

You are so talented.
Cool stuff.


Take Care
Michael

7:27 AM  
Blogger Marianna said...

Hell yeah I want a picture of you!

M~

10:14 AM  
Blogger Leesa said...

These are very cool :)

10:21 AM  
Blogger Nature Girl said...

OMG!! Thats you???? How long ago was that..Love your hair! I thought it was a rock star!! LOL you're too cool..very talented. You should be recieving mine soon. Stacie

10:42 AM  
Blogger Troy Thomas said...

I am so glad to see that you started a mail art blog! You have a nice style for mail art also. Keep up the good work!

.-= Troy =-.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home